Pregnancy is an amazing time in your life. Although it can sometimes feel like time is slowly ticking by, (especially when your legs and back ache), before you know it your little one will be here and your pregnancy will be over. That is why it is important to document this fantastic journey.
There are all kinds of ways to celebrate and record your blooming belly. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Photograph Your Growing Bump. Every month (or week if you are ambitious), on the same day, in the same spot, stand sideways and photograph your profile. After nine months, you will look back and be amazed by your belly’s ability to stretch.
- Make a Video Diary. Putting together everyday snippets of video throughout your nine month journey can result in an treasured keepsake that you will want to watch for years to come. Check out this sweet and moving documentation by Jeremy and Erin Plemon to be inspired (note: it is actually a series of photos taken in burst mode strung together to create motion).
- Use a Belly Growth Chart— This adorable belly chart from Egg2Cake, is similar to tracking your child’s height but instead of running vertically it runs side to side to capture your growing middle.
- Write About It—If taking photos or video is not your thing, keep a journal to write about your feelings, special moments, hopes and fears —all the details that can’t be captured visually.
- Use Technology. These days it is easy to use blogs and family websites (check out Baby Homepages) to not only keep a record for yourself but to share this momentous journey with family and friends.
- Schedule a 3D or 4D Ultrasound at Stork Vision. Ultrasound imaging has come along way. You can now capture detailed images of your little miracle growing inside your belly with our state of the art technology.
The key to documenting your pregnancy, is to do whatever it is you most enjoy. Any little moments that you capture will be keepsakes that you will cherish for a lifetime.
We’d love to hear what you are doing to record your pregnancy. Please leave a comment and share your ideas.