Information for Your Doctor
INFORMATION FOR YOUR DOCTORS
Stork Vision® has been the industry leader in limited diagnostic Prenatal Ultrasound Imaging since 2004. From the very beginning we set extremely high standards to ensure ultrasound safety and quality. We developed strict protocols on standards and implement them consistently at all Stork Vision® Prenatal Imaging Center locations.
This is what Stork Vision® wants you to know as our customer’s Prenatal Care Provider:
- Stork Vision® does care what you think! We will notify you via fax anytime one of your patients requests our services. We will fax a form to your office requesting that you verify, by signing this form that our customer is receiving Prenatal Care from your office and to give you an opportunity to contact us with any questions that you may have.
- Stork Vision® requires that all our customers are receiving ongoing prenatal care.
- ONLY ARDMS® registered or registry eligible Sonographers perform our 2D, 3D, or 4D Prenatal Ultrasound Scans.
- All Stork Vision® Centers must have a Medical Director that will be licensed in the state where the Center is located. The Stork Vision® Medical Directors must be a practicing OB/GYN, Radiologist, or Family Practice Physician.
- Stork Vision® Medical Directors review all Prenatal Ultrasound scans performed at our Centers.
- Stork Vision® adheres to applicable State and Federal regulations regarding Medical Device use and Reporting.
- Stork Vision® Prenatal Imaging Centers have a proven and effective protocol in place for emergencies. Should an emergency arise, the Center’s Medical Director will notify you personally. Suspect findings are never disclosed to our customers.
- Physicians and Midwives trust Stork Vision for Limited Diagnostic Prenatal Imaging. We have our brochures and prenatal bags in over 500 OB/GYN offices nationwide.
- Seventy Four percent (74%) of our Stork Vision® Prenatal Imaging Center Owners are Medical Professionals such as Sonographers, Nurses, and Doctors.
- Stork Vision® informs our Customers that many factors are involved when producing quality images. We use Medison state-of-the-art equipment and highly qualified ARDMS® Sonographers to obtain the best images however, here are factors out of our control that can impact the clarity or quality of the images, namely: Fetal positioning, maternal tissue, fetal activity, and gestational development.
- Stork Vision® supports you and sincerely hopes to only enhance our customer’s pregnancy journey while nurturing their commitment to a safe and healthy pregnancy. Studies have shown that an ultrasound can cause marked improvement in maternal health habits and positively influence the parents bond with their baby. Expectant mothers tend to improve their diets, exercise more, and eliminate bad habits such as smoking. Other key benefits can be paternal involvement, family support, empathy, and appreciation.
Not all elective Prenatal Imaging Centers are created equal. We require "registered or registry eligible sonographers". There are many other Imaging Companies and Independent Ultrasound Centers that do not share our sincere regard and commitment for safety protocol in Prenatal Imaging.
- Stork Vision® employs only trained Medical Professionals that are recognized by organizations such as the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer® (ARDMS®), the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), the American Association for Women Radiologists (AAWR), and the American College of Radiology® (ACR®). Our accreditation standards far exceed those in individual State and Federal compliance regulations.
- Many other companies use what we consider to be misleading marketing phrases or slogans such as “Certified Provider” or “Trusted Seal.” They even create emblems or group accreditation symbols that could mislead the general public into thinking they are recognized by a medical organization when in fact they are not.
- We require first and foremost that every Stork Vision® Sonographer have completed an accredited ultrasonography program and be registered with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography® (ARDMS®). We further require that a Lead RDMS Sonographer from each Stork Vision® Center complete the Stork Vision® Sonography Training Program to learn our company specific Sonography Protocols. In addition, to maintain current skills, we have also made Continuing Medical Education (CME) available and approved for ARDMS® credits. Standardized accreditation and training ensures consistent safety and quality across our Centers.
- Many other companies boast that anyone can perform Prenatal Ultrasound scans and it is not necessary to be a registered Sonographer. We believe passionately that a one (1) week course of company training on ultrasound equipment knobology alone does not provide the education or clinical experience necessary to perform safe and quality ultrasound scans.
- We require that every Stork Vision® Prenatal Imaging Center have a Medical Director that reviews scans, personally contacts the customers Prenatal Care Provider in emergency situations, and ensures Medical Device Reporting procedures are in place along with routine preventative maintenance checks.
- Many other companies do not require that every location have a Medical Director licensed in their state. In these instances, they are most likely not following protocol for Medical Device Reporting and Medical Device Preventative Maintenance. More importantly, their scans are not being reviewed and they do not have protocol in place for emergencies.
Our goal is to continue to be committed to excellence by providing the best quality and safest Prenatal Ultrasound Imaging Company while enabling expectant parents and their family to bond with their baby through a caring and supportive ultrasound experience.
If you would like Stork Vision® Brochures or Stork Vision® Prenatal Bag in your office, please contact the Stork Vision® Prenatal Imaging Center nearest you.